Members of The ISEA-Retired stay connected with other retired professionals by attending local retired association meetings where we fellowship with other retirees, volunteer with community service and help mentor future generations of education professionals through work like Outreach to Teach.
Opportunities for advocacy and engagement on IPERS, education policy and elections.
Opportunities for election to represent Iowa and ISEA at state and national conferences and on committees and boards.
NEA Member Benefits Medicare supplement insurance and long-term care.
Access to NEA Marketplace and ISEA's Retired Review.
Any retired person having qualified for Professional or Educational Support membership who is at least 45 years old is eligible for NEA/ISEA Retired membership. Many persons choose to continue their membership after retirement in order to remain eligible for member benefits programs. In addition, retired members receive publications and many other opportunities to keep in touch with the education world.
The Inclusive Association Membership (I AM) program is open to active members of ISEA who are at least 45 years of age or who are eligible to receive a pension from an educational employment retirement system. The program allows active members to pre-pay a Retired Lifetime membership over a three-year period before they retire. Members who have already retired are not eligible.
Download the I AM enrollment form
I AM FAQs
- What is I AM? I AM is a program by which active members can pre-pay lifetime NEA and ISEA retired dues in three years.
- Why do members join NEA/ISEA Retired through the I AM program? It is a three-year installment plan to be a lifetime member of NEA/ISEA Retired. When paid in full and retired, members continue all member benefits such as insurance policies, Medicare supplement and other discounts.
- How much does I AM cost? The total cost for 2023-24 is $875 or $525 for ESP members.
- How are the I AM payments made? The annual amount is added to the member’s active dues total and paid in full through check or credit card or in 10 EFT payments (October through July).
- How do those I AM payments break down? For years one and two, the cost is $292/$175 ESP a year or $29.20/$17.50 ESP for each of the 10 months EFT is taken (October through July). For year three, the cost will be $291/$175 ESP or $29.10/$17.50 ESP for each of the 10 months EFT is taken (October through July).
- What if one retires before paying the full three year’s amount? Before or upon retirement, a member can pay the remaining amount in full to become a lifetime retired member.
- Can the entire amount be pre-paid at once? Yes, the entire amount may be paid with a check or credit card.
- How does ISEA promote I AM? Each year during membership trainings and membership drives, the I AM form is available to local leaders/membership chairs for use in promoting the program with active members ages 45 and older. ISEA Retired members are also available to work with local members and UniServ units to promote the program.
- Who can members contact for more information? Members can contact the ISEA Retired Liaisons: Peri Van Tassel, [email protected], or Doug Smith, [email protected].