ISEA Aspiring Educators provides opportunities for students pursuing education degrees to address the broader aspects of education, such as educational reform efforts, technological advances, governmental policies, and social and philosophical issues.
We give you the extra preparation, knowledge, and security you need to enable you to get and keep that job. You help us make the difference in the field of education.
Yearly dues are nominal because we know most students have limited resources. When you become an active teaching member of ISEA/NEA, you can apply for a rebate of part of your student dues. Obviously, we want you to become part of the united education profession.
To take advantage of the ISEA Aspiring Educators and services, contact an ISEA-SPAE representative on your campus for membership information. If you do not know your campus representative, call ISEA at 800-445-9358.
Local chapters serve as support networks. Local chapters can often provide assistance with securing a job as well as advising members on trainings and other tools available. Chapters also serve as a forum for networking with current professional educators.
The ISEA Aspiring Educators program represents members on campuses throughout Iowa. It is led by student members who provide services and representation within the ISEA.
The National Education Association Aspiring Educators program is the largest united student voice in the nation. NEA-AE also provides student members with publications, services, and representation.
By joining together with hundreds of ISEA members and more than 3.2 million NEA members, we can truly improve the profession.
We represent you
- On the ISEA Executive Board of Directors
- Through advertising and promoting public education via television and radio ad campaigns
- In the legislative chambers both in Des Moines and Washington, D.C.
We keep you informed
ISEA Student members receive:
- ISEA Communique – the statewide, professional newsletter
- NEA Today – the national professional newspaper
- Tomorrow’s Teachers publications
- Opportunities to meet students from other universities around the state.
We protect you
- One-million-dollar liability insurance and legal protection when you work with students as part of your preparation to become a teacher.
- Low rates on auto, homeowners/renters, and life insurance.
- Investment opportunities to secure your future.
How do I join?
Click here or call 800-445-9358